I always try to do a few home made items each year. This year more people need to take this route so I thought I would share some ideas.
- home made bean bags - there are so many things to do with these!
- sew, knit or crochet a doll blanket for any little girl. Very little knowledge or sewing, knitting or crochet is needed for this.
- home made play dough Home Made Playdough Recipes
- home made candy
- make a scarf. This can be as simple as a piece of fleece or do a simple knit or crochet stitch.
- I like to get a gift card to a local business. You can get as little as $5 to a local coffee shop. This is my favorite teacher gift! Add this to a home made card from your child and the teacher will smile!
- a plant. Get a pot at a local thrift store and snip part of your plant off to make a new plant in your "new" pot
- home made stationary, note cards or recipe cards. With some inexpensive paper and a rubber stamp you can make a nice little gift!
- make a CD of the person's favorite music! Borrow CD's from the library for this.
- knit or crochet a scarf or dish cloth.
- home made snacks. So many times I see the cute little metal tins very cheap at thrift stores. These are great to fill with home made snacks such as chocolate covered pretzels, home made fudge, spiced pretzels or nuts you made from scratch or even some jerky. Everyone does cookies so I try to stay away from that.
- jar recipes. This is an oldie but a goodie and there are so many recipes for these! Look here... Mary Mae's Jars and Mixes
-cinnamon ornaments - Cinnamon Dough Ornaments - Kaboose.com - these smell SO GOOD!
- home made fire baskets. I was at a big sporting goods store and saw these pretty baskets filled with pine cones and birch wood selling for $35. I thought these are so simple to make ... why would anyone buy them? Melt some way over nice big pine cones that you found in the woods some where, add some nice looking pieces of wood and stick them in a thrift basket with a bow. Just look at these and use your imagination.....
Pine Cone Fire Starter - Furnishings - Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at NexTag - Price - Review
Here are some websites with more ideas.......
Easy Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas This site has a lot of unique ideas!
FamilyFun: Craft: Alligator Sewing Kit (Gift Idea) - and More Family Fun - I love this idea. I do not think I would do an Alligator but I love the concept!!
3 Things to Do With Buttons - and More Great Family Fun Craft Ideas - I love these book marks!