1 bar fels naptha, grated
1 cup arm & hammer super washing soda laundry detergent (a laundry booster)
1/2 cup borax
1. Place grated soap in a pot.
2. Cover with water and simmer over medium heat until all soap is melted, stirring occasionally.
3. Pour into 5 gallon bucket.
4. Add washing soda and borax.
5. Add enough hot water to fill the bucket.
6. Stir (I use a long measuring stick, but any long stick will work).
7. Let sit overnight to gel.
8. Use 1 cup per load.
9. (You can pour this into old detergent containers or leave in the bucket. Please cover with a lid if leaving in the bucket to protect children and pets.).
This costs pennies per load and works great!! Add a little white vinegar to the load as fabric softener.
Here are a few more recipes.... 10 Homemade Laundry Soap Detergent Recipes : TipNut.com